Safety has always been the most important thing and taking a care about the safety of our family is mandatory so many people have guns. The best way to protect your children from reaching for your gun is to buy a gun safe. There are many types of gun safes and an in-wall gun safe is definitely the safest kind of safe there is. When you have the best in-wall gun safe you can rest assured that no one can steal it if they break into your house.
It is also great if you want a big hidden safe because you can put a big picture on the wall to cover it, though we wouldn’t recommend that in case you want to be prepared for emergencies since a big, heavy picture presents an obstacle between a gun pointed at you and your safety. So, the best thing to do would be to hire an interior decorator to make the safe look like the wall it is in. That way the burglars won’t spot it that easily.
Best In-wall Gun Safe: What to Look For
There are not so many types of in-wall gun safes but there are still some things to consider when buying one. We are going to enlist some of the general features that all in-wall safes share and also some of the details to keep in mind when choosing the best one for you. If you follow our instructions, we are sure you will find the one that meets all your requirements.
- The camouflage: as we have said earlier, you can make your in-wall safe hidden. If you do not plan on keeping guns there or anything that you might need in a case of an emergency, then it is perfectly fine to put a big picture on the wall to conceal the safe, but if you plan on keeping guns in your in-wall safe, the best thing you can do is to hire an interior decorator to conceal the safe making it look like the wall it was built in.
- Impossible to steal: due to the fact that this safe is built in a wall, it is impossible to steal. That is perfect if you travel a lot and want your guns and other valuables protected.
- Massive size: in-wall gun safes are usually very spacious so you can be sure everything will fit in. Of course, we recommend you to check the size of a particular safe you want to buy
- Waterproof: most in-wall safes, at least good-quality ones, are waterproof, but you should consider putting it about 20 centimeters above the floor just in case.
- Type of lock: Many people choose an in-wall gun safe with a biometric lock. It is a kind of lock that reads your fingerprint. It is the newest and quickest kind of lock, and many people argue it is the safest, too. You can unlock your safe in the middle of the night with no light just by pressing your finger against the reader. The only downside is that the batteries can run out. But, keep in mind that you can get rechargeable batteries and change them often and there will be no problem. In -wall gun safes can have a key lock- that is a good option for people who choose reliability above all. Also, many in-wall gun safes have a cable too incase of battery failure. A key lock gun safe will literally never let you down because its lack of electronics and batteries guarantees no breakdowns and no malfunctions. You can be positive that it will no let you down in the middle of an emergency. The only downside of key lock is that you must not loose the key. But if you are prone to losing your keys but are great at memorizing codes, there is another excellent option: a combination lock. You can set your combination and no one else will be able to enter your safe. The down side are the batteries, but that problem can be solved with rechargeable batteries or a cable.
So, we hope this article helped you choose the perfect in-wall safe for your home. Be careful about safes that are suspiciously cheap and always pay attention to customer reviews because they are the most honest ones even though opinions may differ. Keep in mind that safety is the most important thing even if it costs a bit more.